Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Day: Historic Events

Like so many Americans, I was glued to my television as I watched history in the making. It isn't often that we KNOW history is being made when it happens. This reminds me of watching the landing on the moon when I was a child. Will the children of today remember this day in say 20, 30 or 40 years? While it seems like a watershed moment to my generation, perhaps it will be "what was the big deal?" to them...and maybe that would be a good thing!

The inauguration speech was solemn, thoughtful and powerful. You can read the full text here

There was streaming video, citizens watching the events on their iphones and so many cell phones in use taking pictures that the systems became overloaded. The official inaugural website gives more details about the luncheon (from Lincoln's era) and all the events that surrounded the changing of power.

No comments:

Post a Comment